Skip to main content

Please Help! My Boss Refuses To Pay Me What He Had Promised



The end of the month is a joyous time for all professionals because it marks the time when people receive their salaries. It is usually a much awaited time, but what happens when you feel like you are not receiving what you should?



This Is Victor’s Story


“I had such great expectations when I finally landed a job. The truth is that I had spent more than 2 years job searching and I was just looking for any job to at least build my experience. When I finally got employed, the salary I was offered was a little, but I did not mind.


As is the case for most employed people, when my probation period ended, I got confirmed. To my relief, the confirmation came with a slight increment on my salary. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I was.


That first month after my confirmation, when I received my salary, it was not what I had expected. Although I was perplexed, I did not ask anything . I quietly received my check and paid my bills.


Read Also >>> My Salary Is Not Enough, Should I Ask For A Raise


After a while, it started to bother me and I decided to talk to one of my colleagues about it. To be honest, I regretted sharing the information with my colleague because all he did was laugh at me. He told to grow up and start living in the real world.


This made me feel ashamed of myself and for a while, I decided to focus on my duties and let this situation go. To help me forget about it, I kept myself very busy during the day such that I would be too exhausted to think about it at night. I would just fall asleep due to exhaustion.


However, every month when it is pay day, I find myself discouraged and sometimes I don’t even feel like going into work when it is that day of the month. I recently realized that it is affecting my motivation for the job and my attitude towards my employer.


Is this situation unique to me or do other people also experience the same? Please advise me on what to do because I could be making a mountain out of a mole hill.”


What advice would you give Victor? Leave your comments below.



STAND OUT with a professional CV.
Get Yours Today
Click Here. 

Comments